Posted by Miss W. on June 18, 2011
So the blog you were given by Miss W earlier in the year now belongs to you!!
You have set up your blog during ICT lessons – about page, sidebars, widgets, tags, categories, blogrolls, written posts, learnt how to add images and made sure the settings were correct.
Now you need to personalize the blog – make it yours.
How can you do that?
Look at other student blogs and answer these questions.
- What does the blog title have to do with the posts in the blog?
- What do the widgets have to do with the posts in the blog?
- What does the about page say about the main idea for the blog?
- How has the owner made their blog look different to other blogs you have visited?
- What have they embedded into their blog other than writing and images?
Here are some great examples of student or class blogs that are very personalized – perhaps you will get some ideas from them.
Teegan – check out her widgets and how they link to websites
Duy – what does his header and widgets say about him?
The Space Between – check out the links on the left sidebar – try some of these and mention in a post
Do you want to try and be creative to personalize your blog?
Check out the links in the ‘Links ICT’ in our blog header. Have a go trying out these different web tools and embedding them in your blog. Write a post explaining how you did the embedding, so other students can use your instructions.