Posted by Miss W. on 8th May 2010
As you know, I use Twitter a lot to find out about new resources and websites we can use in our ICT lessons. I was just checking my messages in Twitter and found this from @2sparkley who writes a blog called ‘Bits and Pieces’.
She was given an award as a blog that is held in high regard and she had to nominate ten blogs she follows which she considers are also great blogs. Our class blog was listed. So now we have to pass the award on to ten more blogs. Here is the award and the rules.
I hope that Steph does not mind but I copied her rules and they are below.
For those I am awarding below, here are a few rules to follow:
1- Copy and display the picture of the award given to you;
2- Link back to the blog that nominated you;
3- Nominate 10 different blogs yourself;
4- Inform the people you nominated, so they can in turn, continue the chain and spread the word about other great blogs out there.
The class blogs I have chosen are taking part in the student blogging challenge running at the moment. They are sharing blogging with their students in a variety of ways. Remember to check out the blogrolls when you visit to read the student blogs.
Here are my nominations:
- @suewaters – The Edublogger – I would not be blogging without the help and guidance of Sue Waters
- Linda Yollis – grade 3 teacher and her class blog
- Myles Webb – from New Zealand who does lots of videos with his students
- John Miller – who is using blogging with his classes this year
- Jaki Braidwood - from Canada with lots of great ideas
- Jan Smith – Canadian who I first began Skyping with her class
- Inez Pinto – Portuguese teacher with students learning blogging through IM and email
- Aloni Cahusac - teacher from Hong Kong and her students who mentor others in blogging
- Serge Puchinsky – blogging with music students
- Jane Curry – Australian teacher with many older refugee students who are learning to blog
Do you think we should have an award for the best blogger or most improved blogger in grade 6/7? Maybe award one every month. Would someone like to design the award?