Posted by Miss W. on 7th April 2010
At the beginning of term 2, students from Grades 6 and 7 will be expected to present their findings on being cyber safe to other students, especially to primary classes. So you have about 6 weeks to put together a presentation with 3 other students from your class.
Grade 6 students use these sources:
- Surfswell Island by Disney
- Cyberquoll videos
- Cybersmart kids activities and quiz
- Budd:e primary
- Cyber safety videos made by Tasmanian students
- Professor Garfield
- Constable Zac video
Grade 7 students use these sources:
- Cybernetrix activity
- Cybersmart for teens including quiz
- Stop cyberbullying website
- Budd:e secondary
- Being a responsible digital citizen game
Use bubbl.us to make notes and add to your blog – you may do this as an individual or as a group but you must embed your brainstorming/notes into your blog before the end of term.
May use as many of these as you wish when creating your group presentation – negotiate with Miss W if you want to use other tools
- Toondoo comic
- Make belief comics
- Polldaddy survey
- Mystudiyo quiz
- Photostory 3 – should be a program on your computer
- Glogster – check with Miss W to get a username and password
- Prezi – must be 13+ – like a powerpoint but zoom in and out and add videos and images etc
- Create a book with images and your text
- Write your own newspaper article for blog
Grade 6 checklist you might cover:
- 13. Identify and consistently follow online etiquette (netiquette).
- 14. Describe appropriate levels of personal information disclosure for specific online environments.
- 18. Use a variety of devices to collect and share ideas and information ethically.
- 19. Identify how ICT systems become infected with malware and describe how to reduce infection risks.
Grade 10 checklist you might cover:
- 13. Identify appropriate codes of conduct for ICT communications.
- 14. Outline the forms that cyber crime can take and describe how to avoid being a victim.
- 17. Enhance group work by using a range of collaborative software.
- 19. Demonstrate understanding of network security risks, protection and prevention strategies.