Posted by Miss W. on 26th November 2010
I would like to say ‘Well done!’ to Sophie in Grade 7 and Anna in Grade 6 who are the first two students to have completed every single ICT activity this year.
They have learnt about blogging, embedding into posts and sidebars and are both a great help to other students who might have troubles using the technology tools.
As other students complete their work over the next few weeks, I will add a link to their blogs on this post.
Well done – Sophie, Anna, Alanna, Daniel, Maddie, David, Lucy, Robert, Jasper, Matthew, Skye.
Original image: ‘group photo‘
Released under an Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License
Posted in Information, Visit these | 3 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 30th October 2010
As I am running the student blogging challenge at the moment, I am visiting hundreds of student blogs around the world. So for October, I am going to be highlighting some interesting posts from our blogs as well as from other students.
- Chris had visited the Blogger’s Cafe and read a post relating to ‘Talk like a Pirate Day’
- Rachel wrote about ‘World Gratitude Day’ – who do you appreciate having in your life all the time?
- Our school chaplain writes about empathy and cyber bullying
- Eileen wrote about five people she would like to meet in heaven.
- Dominique writes about how theatre teaches her as a life long learner
- Grace has a great conversation with Erin in her comments on this post
- Caitlin has a great passion for netball
- Soccer Cat wants you to finish this sentence
- Some Tasmanian school blogs to visit – on the grapevine, Mr Lamb, BlogIT at Tasman
Posted in Information, Visit these | 2 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 30th August 2010
This month we look at Grade 7 blogs:
Loretta – this blog is developing into an interesting read every couple of weeks when a new post appears
Grace – lots of interesting book reviews
Sophie – always uses an image to make the post more visually interesting and includes attribution
Skye – always in a ‘world of her own’ thinks of great topics to write about not just those set by me
Grace – first year blogging but great layout
Aaron – Harry Potter fan
Grade 7 posts
Footprints by Stephanie, photo editing by Allira, friendship by Sophie, surfing history by Elliot, friendship A-Z by Caitlin and Natalia, blogs to read by Georgia, more blogs by Maddie, Nintendo Flipnote by Lochie.
Posted in Information, Visit these | 3 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 29th August 2010
Every few weeks I will be including a post about book reviews or film reviews or game reviews written by our students. As I also read lots of other student blogs, occasionally I will include a review from them.
Perhaps you could leave a comment here if you have also read or watched the books, films or games mentioned. Do you agree with what the reviewers have said?
Games – hints and reviews
Original image: ‘Being Unselfish‘ http://www.flickr.com/photos/8628862@N05/4602031007
Posted in Leave an answer, Visit these | 2 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 28th August 2010
Congratulations to the following grade 6/7 students who have already registered for the student blogging challenge which will start the week we return from holidays in September.
Emma, Anna, Maddie, Braydon, Alanna, Daniel, Grace, Skye, Brody, Loretta, Allira, Zack, Travis, Isaac,
These students will be having conversations with students and classes around the world. They will be leaving a positive digital footprint within their blog by trying new web2.0 tools and embedding them in their posts. They will be creating videos, conducting surveys and designing comics all as part of the activities in the 2010 student blogging challenge.
by: Daniela Hartmann
Posted in checklist activities, creating online, Information, Visit these | 3 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 7th August 2010
Many students at our school love reading and they have been writing some fantastic book reviews. If you love crime, horror, mystery, romance or adventure, then check out these recommendations by your peers.
Is there a book you would like to recommend other students read?
Mention the name and author of the book in a comment at this post, or else write your own book review as a post on your blog. Maybe you could use a Voki to make the book review.
Posted in Information, Leave an answer, Visit these | 2 Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 3rd August 2010
Here are some great student blogs that I have visited while doing the student blogging challenge.
- Kira: age 12 with lots of interesting sidebar links relating to her interests
- Abbey: interesting posts with lots of links in her posts
- Emily: a grade 2 student who loves science
- Greyson: aged 10 living in Canada, chooses lots of great topics for posts
- Haley: aged 10 from Thailand, likes embedding different things on her blog
- Eric: aged 11 from Canada loves poetry, reading and songs especially written by Lady Gaga
- Ana: California, USA , has a great writing style – look at her ‘About’ page
- Melissa: also from California has an interesting variety of widgets
- Connor: Canadian who always finds an image for his posts
- Cheyenne: Great use of colour in her blog
- Kiko: fantastic posts that make interesting reading
- Saskia: another set of well written posts
- Eh Doh: originally from Thailand now learning English in Australia
Website to create your own newspaper is here.
Posted in creating online, Information, Visit these | No Comments »
Posted by Miss W. on 30th July 2010
Highlighting grade 6 blogs this month
Daniel: great layout and interesting posts with image attribution
Isabella: love the green layout even to the green in your avatar – always interesting posts
Matthew: all about Pokemon and being bored, great sense of humour
Tyler: a great variety of posts – hope you get the avatar fixed
Sunita: lots of glittery bling on her blog but great posts as well
Grade 6 posts to read
Tahlia – about camp, Liam – birthday celebrations, Amber – gymnastics, Sunita – Middle School excursion, Theresa – her menagerie, Claire – clothes for the social, Astra – parent teacher and report, Kasey - cars, Braydon – cricket and Jasper – drama.
Original image: ‘Read‘
Posted in Visit these | 1 Comment »